Digital marketing and the strategy you use go hand-in-hand. You can not have one without the other. Your company can have a killer digital marketing concept, but without the proper strategy, it will not be executed properly.
Here are 5 ways to improve your digital strategy
1) Identify who your audience is. Know them inside and out. It is not enough to know what the demographic is in 2017. You have to know who they are and what they want. Your core audience is going to be moved by heart, not some big marketing ad campaign. Your digital marketing strategy has to have the heart. Otherwise, you are not going to sell.
2) It is always going to be quality over quantity. This goes for everyone from the writer to the campaign manager. No one wants spam. Posting to Twitter all the time is not going to be effective. You need to post relevant content. Post less. Post more high-quality content. This is going to be more effective.
3) Going viral is good, but should not be everything. The one way a viral message fails is when it gets misdirected. Your message needs to encourage your audience on some level. Having likes, shares, and comments is cool, but the metrics are not that important. You develop a certain kind of vanity when you obsess over the metrics.
4) Videos are important. They have to be high-quality. Make sure your video sends out a good branding message. When videos do not do this, they fail across the board. It is not how often you post a video, it is how well you brand the content.
5) Go mobile. Most of your client base is attached to their phones anyway. Why not use this to your advantage?